Moving to Canada
Are you planning on moving to Canada? Whether Calgary, Vancouver or Toronto, Premier International Movers has the experience and local knowledge to perfectly tailor your relocation to your requirements.
Importing your personal effects
- We require a copy of the ID page of your passport and a destination contact address
- Duty free shipments on household goods if owned more than 12 months prior to importation
- Canadian immigrant visa required to move to Canada
- All household goods imported will be inspected by Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Full inventory of all household items required
- You must be present in Canada when your effects arrive and must have status to live in Canada in order for your consignment to clear customs. You must report to customs on arrival in Canada advise them that you have goods to follow and provide them with an inventory, they will provide you with the relevant customs paperwork.
Restrictions and Prohibitions
We suggest not importing the following items:
- Alcohol & Tobacco
- Foodstuffs, perishables or otherwise
- Plants & plant material
- Firearms & ammunition
- Narcotics and dangerous goods
- Inflammable goods & substances
- Offensive materials
- Transit of groupage or shared load consignments usually takes 6-10 weeks door to door.
- Sole use containers will normally take 4-6 weeks port to port
- Transit times vary depending on:
- Weather Delays
- Size of your consignment
- Customs and Immigration delays
- Find out more about Pet shipping
Moving your Motor Vehicles to Canada
- Used cars are generally prohibited from importation apart from current models. Premier International Movers can give you further advice if you are planning to move your vehicle(s) to Canada
- International payments
- Regular Overseas Transfers
- Prepaid Currency Card
- Forward Contracts
More info on Currencies Direct website.
Moving to Canada with Premier International Movers
Custom Clearance –
- Custom clearance and delivery normally takes 10 to 14 days
- Time can be affected by, Government policy, physical inspection, x-raying items, traffic volumes and import duties or taxes levies
Packing & Delivery –
- Trained packers can pack and wrap all your items to ensure safe transportation
- Door to door shipping available
- Unwrap and unpacking service available – Packing materials removed
Additional removal services –
- Comprehensive insurance can be arranged, link?
- International storage can be arranges
- Pet shipping
If you are interested in moving to Canada, get a free removal quote, and read more about ourinternational removals, and our additional moving services, like pet transport or money transfer.